- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Astralwerks Records
- Copyright (c) – Astralwerks Records
- Executive-Producer – Jeremy Kolosine
- Mastered By – Allan Tucker, Tom Ohmsen
- Other [Project Manager] – Nick Clift
- Other [Thanks To] – Errol Kolosine
- Performer [Game Boy] – Bit Shifter, Bubblyfish, Glomag, Herbert Weixelbaum, Nullsleep, Receptors
- Producer – Bacalao, Glomag, Johan Kotlinski, Oliver Wittchow, Receptors
A various artist covers compilation, featuring interpretations of classic Kraftwerk songs, arranged primarily on lo-bit handheld gaming devices, vintage video game consoles and obsolete 8 bit home computers ( such as Game Boys, Ataris, Nintendo systems and Commodore 64's ) now revered for the rich and distinctive sound of their lo-bit microchips. This video game-influenced branch of electronic music, sometimes referred to as ‘chiptune’, ‘bitpop’ or just ‘8-bit’, has developed a flourishing international live scene, and is one of the first new genres of music to use the internet to its fullest advantage, with the advent of home-brewed synth cartridges and hacker influenced musical tools.
The 8-BIT OPERATORS collection features some of the top 8-bit artists from North America, South America and Europe, a selection of the best musical innovators, and several of the inventors themselves.